Keynote Speaker: Ted Wright
Keynote Topic: The Wonder Twins – Word of Mouth and Social Media
“How do I combine what I do in Social Media with Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) in order to get the maximum benefit out of both?” Answer: Think Zan and Jayna of the WonderTwins.
Here’s the stats:
- WOMMA (Word of Mouth Marketing Assoc.) recently revealed that word of mouth (WOM) is responsible for $6 trillion in annual consumer spending and that one WOM recommendation is up to 100+ times more valuable than a paid media impression.
- According to Nielsen, 92% of consumers believe recommendations from friends and family over all forms of advertising.
- 9 people out of 10 state “word of mouth” as the most likely reason they purchase the brands that they do.
- Companies report ROIs 10X larger for their word of mouth marketing programs than any other marketing channel or campaign.
- Proctor and Gamble says that a single influential consumer creates 1,000,000 opportunities a year for their favorite brand stories to be shared throughout their social network.
So, What does that mean for Social Media marketers?
As social media marketers, we already have a pretty good toolbox of marketing techniques. Ted will open a new tool box for us, explaining the how’s and why’s of WOMM – the most complementary set of tools to what we already do in “marketing”. Attendees will walk away walk away with an understanding of Word of Mouth Marketing, big ideas, best practices and a framework for successfully integrating WOMM and your social media campaigns.
You will never look at earned media in the same way again. Wonder Twins Power – Activate!